- May 19: Week’s best travel stories & longreads from around the webPosted 3 days ago
- Skywalking the latest – and weirdest – photography trendPosted 7 days ago
- Conflicting messages about travel insurancesPosted 7 days ago
- Watching the stars in Sedona, ArizonaPosted 16 days ago
- Week’s best travel stories from around the webPosted 17 days ago
- Tourists and visitors likely to view Pakistan as more dangerous than it isPosted 19 days ago
- The world’s 154 new best hotels 2013Posted 34 days ago
- United States urges North Korea to throttle downPosted 41 days ago
- Online form helps airline passengers win legal fights over delaysPosted 45 days ago
- The pirate who scammed mePosted 49 days ago
- April, 2013: Latest travel warnings – Burma, India, Iraq…Posted 52 days ago
- BBC sells Lonely Planet to US with £80 million in lossPosted 58 days ago
Travel ideas: 4 best U.S. short escapes for spring
U.S. DESTINATIONS. Spring is a great time to take a vacation to a variety of places around the U.S. If you and your friends are looking for a fantastic three or four day escape this spring, look no further than these destinations. These four cities were chosen for their favorable weather, prices, and myriad activitiesavailable in the spring.
* * *
Every year from late March into mid-April, millions of tourists descend on the nation’s capital to see the cherry blossoms. During this time, there’s also a festival that takes place to celebrate them. There’s plenty more to see in Washington, D.C. at this time of year, though. For a three or four day trip, spend at least two days wandering around the National Mall. The weather at this time of year is usually perfect for checking out the monuments, and if it starts to rain, you and your friends can duck into one of D.C.’s many free museums.
* * *
Savannah has old world charm, a beautiful historic district, excellent restaurants, and a variety of quirky, independent shops, making it a great destination for a group of friends in the spring. The city seems built for wandering around, and it’s so much nicer to walk in Savannah during the spring, when it’s not too hot and humid. Take a day to visit the many historical sites in the city, then take another day to head out to Tybee Island, located just 18 miles from Savannah and the perfect day trip from the city.
* * *
Las Vegas, Nevada
Vegas is the perfect destination for a group of friends, and spending three or four days there is a good amount of time. You’ll get to sample all that Las Vegas has to offer without getting exhausted or overwhelmed. Spring is an excellent time to visit because the weather is great and the city isn’t as crowded and hot as it will be in the summer. Vegas is about gambling, partying, shopping, and eating, so pace yourselves and take one of your three or four days to just relax and visit one of the many spas in the city.
* * *
Spring is the best time to visit Miami. If you and your friends were to rent Hamptons Homes in the spring, the water would be way too cold for swimming, but in Miami, it will be perfect beach weather. Wait until the summer to visit The Hamptons. The city and its beaches won’t be as crowded as they are in the winter or summer. Three or four days in Miami is ideal. You and your friends can spend at least one day relaxing on South Beach, Miami’s most famous beach. Then, a second day can be devoted to checking out the Art Deco architecture in Miami, as well as paying a visit to the more somber, yet incredibly moving Holocaust Museum. For three or four days, you can take part in some of Miami’s many water sports or relax in one of Miami’s many luxurious spas.
• More great stuff:
Other ideas for travel destinations