- May 19: Week’s best travel stories & longreads from around the webPosted 2 days ago
- Skywalking the latest – and weirdest – photography trendPosted 6 days ago
- Conflicting messages about travel insurancesPosted 6 days ago
- Watching the stars in Sedona, ArizonaPosted 15 days ago
- Week’s best travel stories from around the webPosted 16 days ago
- Tourists and visitors likely to view Pakistan as more dangerous than it isPosted 18 days ago
- The world’s 154 new best hotels 2013Posted 33 days ago
- United States urges North Korea to throttle downPosted 40 days ago
- Online form helps airline passengers win legal fights over delaysPosted 44 days ago
- The pirate who scammed mePosted 48 days ago
- April, 2013: Latest travel warnings – Burma, India, Iraq…Posted 51 days ago
- BBC sells Lonely Planet to US with £80 million in lossPosted 57 days ago
Rio: The Rio Dolphin Inn
Owner John Maier, a Time magazine and TV freelance journalist, has let his peace, love and understanding personality – spiced up with a good old surfer’s theme – spin into full gear here, and the house is filled with corious things to look at. It might not attract every visitor’s liking, but will at least become an unusual experience.
And it’s clean, the location is great, and the area safe, if not Rio’s cheapest. Maier himself wants all the best for his visitors, never short on ideas on what to do or simply a good story.