- Riots continue in Stockholm’s suburbsPosted 2 days ago
- May 19: Week’s best travel stories & longreads from around the webPosted 6 days ago
- Skywalking the latest – and weirdest – photography trendPosted 10 days ago
- Conflicting messages about travel insurancesPosted 10 days ago
- Watching the stars in Sedona, ArizonaPosted 19 days ago
- Week’s best travel stories from around the webPosted 20 days ago
- Tourists and visitors likely to view Pakistan as more dangerous than it isPosted 22 days ago
- The world’s 154 new best hotels 2013Posted 37 days ago
- United States urges North Korea to throttle downPosted 44 days ago
- Online form helps airline passengers win legal fights over delaysPosted 48 days ago
- The pirate who scammed mePosted 52 days ago
- April, 2013: Latest travel warnings – Burma, India, Iraq…Posted 55 days ago
Red Cross denied access in Syria
SYRIAN CONFLICT. For weeks, Syrian tanks have bombarded opposition areas in Homs and the Red Cross has tried for about a week to gain access to Baba Amr, a fallen rebel stronghold where activists have reported bloody reprisals by President Bashar al-Assad’s forces, Reuters’ AlertNet reports.
Meanwhile, the five permanent U.N. Security Council members and Morocco have met behind closed doors to discuss a U.S.-drafted resolution urging an end to the Syrian government’s crackdown on demonstrators, AlertNet writes in a newsletter.