- Riots continue in Stockholm’s suburbsPosted 1 day ago
- May 19: Week’s best travel stories & longreads from around the webPosted 6 days ago
- Skywalking the latest – and weirdest – photography trendPosted 9 days ago
- Conflicting messages about travel insurancesPosted 10 days ago
- Watching the stars in Sedona, ArizonaPosted 19 days ago
- Week’s best travel stories from around the webPosted 20 days ago
- Tourists and visitors likely to view Pakistan as more dangerous than it isPosted 22 days ago
- The world’s 154 new best hotels 2013Posted 37 days ago
- United States urges North Korea to throttle downPosted 43 days ago
- Online form helps airline passengers win legal fights over delaysPosted 48 days ago
- The pirate who scammed mePosted 51 days ago
- April, 2013: Latest travel warnings – Burma, India, Iraq…Posted 55 days ago
Prepare for expensive flights this summer
AIR FARES.Higher airfares and still sky-high gasoline prices are driving up the cost of the summer trip, the Naperville Sun reports.
“People I think are going to be shocked by how much higher some fares are,” said Airfarewatchdog.com President George Hobica to the paper. “We’re seeing fares that we haven’t seen in years.”
While fuel costs have driven up fares, other factors include airlines intentionally cutting back on capacity, flying fewer planes, which makes fewer seats available, and airline mergers have led to less competition on some routes, travel experts say.