- Skywalking the latest – and weirdest – photography trendPosted 3 days ago
- Conflicting messages about travel insurancesPosted 4 days ago
- Watching the stars in Sedona, ArizonaPosted 13 days ago
- Week’s best travel stories from around the webPosted 14 days ago
- Tourists and visitors likely to view Pakistan as more dangerous than it isPosted 16 days ago
- The world’s 154 new best hotels 2013Posted 31 days ago
- United States urges North Korea to throttle downPosted 37 days ago
- Online form helps airline passengers win legal fights over delaysPosted 42 days ago
- The pirate who scammed mePosted 45 days ago
- April, 2013: Latest travel warnings – Burma, India, Iraq…Posted 49 days ago
- BBC sells Lonely Planet to US with £80 million in lossPosted 55 days ago
- Kidnapped Australian rowed to safety off MindanaoPosted 56 days ago
Hollande’s plane struck by lightning
FRANCE. On his first day in office, France’s new president ran into unexpected trouble as his aircraft was reportedly hit by lightning en route to Berlin, where he was to meet Germany’s chancellor Angela Merkel. The plane was forced to turn back to Paris and Mr Hollande had to change to a second plane. He was expected to arrive in Berlin 90 minutes late, at 19:30 GMT, the BBC reported.
Hollande was sworn in as president earlier on Tuesday and went for a flying start in his new tenure with the meeting, where he and Merkel has to get their act together on how to deal with the escalating European debt crisis.