- Skywalking newest photo trendPosted 2 days ago
- Guide: Travel insurance or not?Posted 3 days ago
- Watching the stars in Sedona, ArizonaPosted 11 days ago
- Week's best storytellingPosted 12 days ago
- Pakistan's safety record keeps tourists awayPosted 15 days ago
- Condé Nast's best new hotels 2013Posted 29 days ago
- US: "Calm down, Kim Jong-un!"Posted 36 days ago
- Online law firm helps you beat your airlinePosted 40 days ago
- Fake pirates blow to reportersPosted 44 days ago
- April: Travel warnings for India, Iraq, Myanmar, KenyaPosted 48 days ago
- Lonely Planet lousy deal for BBCPosted 53 days ago
- Kidnapped Australian rowed to safety off MindanaoPosted 55 days ago
About this place
Welcome to the Traveling Reporter (trarep.com, travelingreporter.com), your source for info on the world’s best cheap travel destinations, travel news, inspiration and ideas regarding all kinds of travel, in every part of the world.
We do not seek to become yet another Tripadvisor, Yahoo Travel, Virtualtourist, or any other of those general travel resource pages. Whereas those are all wonderful tools, the idea behind this site is to actively combine journalism with the idea of learning about and discover new places.
Many travel sites spend their time publishing endless rows of photos of paradise-looking beaches, hotels, buildings and cities. The Traveling Reporter does that too, occasionally, but we do not hesitate to show the world as it really looks. Therefore, here you will find unmasked images and real stories of some of the world’s greatest destinations, rather than staged scenes, aimed only to attract more tourists, that are not really true. This is the Reporter’s most important goal.
The Traveling Reporter provides weekly (at least) updates of news, pictures, stories, inspiration, reviews and all kind of other information, like travel warnings issued by governments, that travelers around the world will find useful.
We want active users. Therefore, you can post your own travel experience on CheckMyPlaces. You can also submit your own travel story and pic here. Alternatively, you might email with your smartphone to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In need of travel ideas? Check out our Inspiration section. Looking for air tickets? Search on our booking page and browse our travel deals page for cheap hotels and tickets. And don’t miss our valuable tips on how to stay safe when you travel.
We publish a FREE monthly travel newsletter, the Traveling Reporter News – check it out & sign up here!